Friday, February 23, 2007

Superpower crap...

There could be many benefits of acquiring some sort of powers over people around...but collectively they form what I'll call them as a MILD superpowers..

REAL superpowers might include the ability to bend steel...fly like superman..shoot fire from your eyes...etc etc.

FULL-STRENGTH superpowers would be the ones that would make it *extra* easy to kill people...or keep you from getting killed. These are the best ones to have.
If you're telling me...you haven't ever concentrated on someone’s head...just to see if you can make it burst into flames...you’re lying!

Unfortunately, I only have MILD superpowers.

A MILD super power would be...for example...the ability to scratch the middle of your own back...but..that's just an example.

My MILD superpower is the ability to make people temporarily nicer....
When people don’t know what I think of them...they tend to treat me the same way that they treat everyone else.
Often..a guy(and rarely a gal) recognizes my face(I might look like those decent/innocent/gentleman/ignorent types...), suddenly becomes a little bit nicer.
I get more smiles...offers to help me in some way or the other.
I think that always makes people happy...and happy people are nice people...
And then...you witness a maroon turning into a *nice* chap...

I have other MILD superpowers too..like I cant remember phone numbers..bug numbers..and even birthdays..believe me that's a MILD superpower.
Oh yes..I cant even remember names..specially if that's a girl .
I could have a best friend for say 5 years..but if he goes away for a month and comes back without a name tag, it's going to be awkward..(for him).
My memory subsystem is simply not optimized for certain data types...
All this makes people treat me special...my cousins call me to remind me of their own birthdays...etc etc.

Oh, btw...I recently had a chance(read MILD superpower) to be able to *shutdown* and *retrieve* a friend of mine...:) (no offenses meant).

(with tongue-in-cheek)

No comments: